Why You Need to Write a Book for your Business!
What is the purpose of a short-read book?
The purpose of this book is to guide your reader through your journey (from where you were to where you are now), a process, an idea and more! You potentially have an unlimited supply of material to put in this book.
At the end of your book, your reader should want to interact with you and you can ‘nudge their mind’ throughout the book. They can interact with you by your Call to Action in the last part of the book.
• Discovery call
• Webinar training
• A program
• A course
• Your email list
Are all things that you can use to get people into your sphere of influence.
Why do you need a short-read book?
A short-read book can do the following:
• Position you as an expert
• Give you credibility and authority
• Be a lead magnet
• Funnel ideal clients to you
Pin this Post!
Anyone in any niche or category can have a short-read for their business. Throughout the book, you will ‘nudge their mind’ towards
• Following you and engaging with you
• Getting your email newsletters
• Listening to your podcast
• Watching your web show
• Joining your group
• Working with you (your ultimate goal!)
How do you get someone to the step of wanting to work with you? Your book provides the answer and it feeds a desire they have and by nudging them towards something you offer or will be offering soon you will have excited, and eager buyers come open cart day!
That being said there is one thing your book cannot do – promote itself!
Once your book is written you will need to publish it and promote it. If you write it and talk about it a few times, no one will remember it. It is a busy world we are in and many of us are constantly bombarded with information. Your book needs to be part of your arsenal of content to reach people and gain clients.
So what would the stages be?
• Coming up with your idea and cultivating the right mindset – the idea that drives your book will be the bulk of your writing and also the backbone of your purpose. Your mindset is key when writing a book. Negative feelings and thoughts will impact your writing and your readers with feel the lack of energy.
• Outlining your book and prioritising tasks – having an outline of your book and its content will give you a foundation and security while you write. Since you will be writing a book on top of your other tasks, it is important to prioritise and delegate tasks to others to free yourself as you write.
• Writing your book – getting your thoughts out and getting to ‘the end’.
• Pre-launch and editing – while your book is being edited you will be shouting about across your social media channels. Give people a reason to be excited with you on launch day!
• Launch day – you are an author, my friend (what more can I say?)
• Post-launch feedback – after your launch you will need to review what has worked and what hasn’t based on your target audience, content, social media strategy and the take-away.
Pin this Post!
These stages seem simple but there are many things that go into making your book and I cannot possibly cover it all in this post but I hope you have an outline of the process. (Grab your free checklist here!)
So, are you ready to take the leap and write your short-read business book?
Are you interested in writing a short-read for your business but need some guidance and accountability? I am opening my 1:1 program up and I would love to see if you and I would be a good fit! Schedule your free call and let us chat about any concerns you may have and get you writing your short-read!